The 4th Women’s Polish Futnet Championships held in Rzgów in 2023 proved to be an exhilarating event for the fans, filled with moments of adrenaline and excitement. The final match between Blokers Łódź and Zawisza Rzgów showcased top-notch futnet skills at the international level. With both teams displaying spectacular attacks, blocks, and precise receptions, it was evident that national team futnet players were in action, as seven national players participated in the final.
The intensity of the competition was evident as the final required the maximum number of sets to determine the winner (single, double, triple, double, triple). In the crucial fifth set, the players of Blokers Łódź displayed remarkable composure and clinched the gold.
Angelika Puchalska from Blokers Łódź was named the Most Valuable Player (MVP) of the entire tournament. Although each player in the final deserved recognition for their outstanding performances, it was “Puchi” who made the decisive impact in the fifth set, ultimately influencing the match’s outcome.
The championship as a whole was played in a fantastic sports atmosphere, characterized by mutual respect and sympathy for opponents and referees alike. The participants demonstrated once again that positive emotions have a place in sports, enhancing the overall experience for everyone involved.
For those who missed the thrilling knockout phase of the championship, the matches can be viewed on the Polish Futnet YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@polskifutnet
The final standings of the 2022 championship are as follows:
- Blokers Łódź (Champions)
- Zawisza Rzgów (Runners-up)
- Sand Winners Team (Third place)
- WWF Łódź (Fourth place)
5-8. Atom Futnet
5-8. Astoria Szczerców Junior
5-8. KS Messiaki Raszyn
5-8. Chrobry Głogów
Apart from the team awards, individual players were recognized for their exceptional performances:
- MVP: Angelika Puchalska (Blokers Łódź)
- Vice MVP: Ola Kurczewska (Zawisza Rzgów)
- II Vice MVP: Andżelika Błoch (Blokers Łódź)
- Best server: Agnieszka Jarczak (Zawisza Rzgów)
- Best smasher: Angelika Puchalska (Blokers Łódź)
- Most versatile player: Ewa Tyll (Zawisza Rzgów)
- Best blocker: Wiktoria Kaczmarek (Sand Winners Team)
- Best receiver: Paulina Łężak (Sand Winners Team)
- Best playmaker: Diana Maciaszczyk (Blokers Łódź)
- Best singlist: Ola Kurczewska (Zawisza Rzgów)
The 4th Women’s Polish Futnet Championships left a lasting impression on participants and fans alike, celebrating the spirit of sportsmanship and excellence in the sport. It was an event that showcased the dedication and skill of these talented athletes and further fueled the passion for futnet in Poland.